ZP is holding a hybrid workshop which is available both online and in person. The workshop will cover:
1) What is Scoville Heat Unit (SHU), the origin of the units, and the science and maths behind the units?
2) Understanding AOAC HPLC method for testing (AOAC Method 995.03) Capsaicinoids in Capsicums.
3) Science of FoodSense, the analytical technique.
4) Maths and Statistics for Food Scientists/Technologists when using FoodSense, topics covered includes: error, mean, precision, accuracy, outlier, coefficient of variation, repeatability etc.
5) Discussion on sources of error when measuring a natural product such as a chilli.
5) Reading and understanding a Certificate of Analysis (CoA).
6) Chemical properties of capsaicin and their impact on analysis.
7) Forming an exact SHU product and FoodSense for chilli product reproducibility.
8) Hands on practical performed in person delegates, : measuring mild sauces, medium sauces, hot sauces, chilli powders, chilli pastes, chilli peppers. fermented products.
9) Demonstrations for online delegates, : measuring mild sauces, medium sauces, hot sauces, chilli powders, chilli pastes, chilli peppers. fermented products.
10) Explaining and educating Scoville Heat Unit (SHU) results and their meaning to customers, clients, partners and stakeholders.
11) Q and A session with Dr Martin Peacock and team
ZP will demonstrate online and in person delegates will perform their own tests.
The workshop will be lead by Dr Martin Peacock Date and Time Day One - 9:30 AM to 4 PM -8 March 2023
The workshop will be held in ZP's state of the art manufacturing facility, which is equipped with a state of the art lecture theatre.
Location: Zimmer and Peacock Horten, Vestfold, Norway.
Every onsite attendee will receive a certificate of course completion.